Saturday, June 14, 2008

My New Friend, Yoga

As many of you probably know, I've dealt with daily headaches for quite some time. Yesterday, my doctor pretty much told me straight up that getting rid of them is 110% up to me. Great! No, really. I've known for a while that I need a new way to deal with stress. (Storing it in my neck & shoulders is not so ideal.) My doctor suggested yoga, which I've enjoyed the few times I've done it, so what the heck? I found a place in North Augusta that has a convenient drop-in class schedule & is reasonably priced. (The Wellness Center at MCG has classes, but the timing doesn't work out for me this summer.) And I got some clothes & a yoga mat at Target today, so I'm all set!

I'm really hoping that this'll work out for me. It's not so much fun to deal with a headache every day & it's definitely not something that anyone should have to do. Now, I'm a lazy bum at heart, so it might take a while to get into a routine & even longer to see big results, says doctor lady, but I'm determined this time. Besides, now it's on the internet that I'm committed, which means I'll stay motivated if only so I can post about how great I'm doing! ;-)

1 comment:

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Becca, I'm sorry to hear that you have headaches! :( I'm with ya when it comes to storing stress in the neck and shoulders, ouch! I will have to try the whole yoga thing. Maybe you could teach us at Enrichment once you master the art. I hope that we can get together now that your back in town.