Everything that would tip the scale to make a particular day a bad one always seems to happen! Never is it the things that would make the day a good one. Or at least it seems like never...warning: severe whining ahead!
Anyways, today is the day that I had set aside to clean out Sanguini's cage, make several doctor's appointments, & renew my financial aid application (yes, I'm pushing it timewise, I know). Doesn't sound too bad, right? I mean, asking Uncle Sam for incredible amounts of money doesn't rank too high on my "fun list," but I've braced myself for it. I prepared. The day was just going to be rather ambiguous. Neither good nor bad.
Then, I notice that Sanguini has blood in his urine. I noticed this last time I cleaned out his cage & investigated possible causes, namely kidney stones or a UTI. (Same for humans, btw.) Anyways, I figured I'd pay attention & see if he was uncomfortable before rushing off to an expensive vet appointment. He seemed fine, so I forgot about it. But when I noticed it again, I decided that it would be best to take him in. Thankfully, there's a vet close that sees small animals & they had an appointment for Thursday morning. That'll be $40, plus any lab fees or medications. Not a horrible blow.
Prompted by this unplanned expense, I took a look at my checkbook & realized that I failed to record a $50 withdrawal. Well, crap.
Resolving to sort that out later, I proceeded to make my doctor's appointments. I don't have coverage for the eye doctor, so I knew that that appointment was going to cost me, but I've put it off too long as it is. Judging by another specialty appointment at MCG, I'm estimating about $250 for that one. My yearly "girl" appointment will be at Student Health, but I'm not sure if all that's covered 100% like a regular office visit. I also need prescription refills & I didn't pay the $100 Student Health summer fee because I wasn't sure I'd need to, so I'll have to do that. Again, crap.
At this point, I started to worry about being able to make ends meet. Granted, I have a credit card that I could carry a balance on, but that's not ideal. I also have money in the stock market that I could take out, but that would effectively involve taking a bullet to the chest since the market's taken up sky diving lately. And, yes, there's always the "Daddy, I love you" trick, but I've already done that enough. Still, something's telling me that the change in the bottom of my purse isn't quite going to see me through until August when I get a financial jump start.
And I can't help but remember about this time last year thinking, "This'll be plenty to last me the year & throughout the summer. No way can I spend that much!" All this on the day that I have to type in the exact value of that financial jump start. Joy. Can I go back to bed now?
Meh, it'll all work out. I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed & wishing that I was financially independent. That dream's going to have a wait a while, I s'pose!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I feel your pain, girlfriend. Hey, come over for dinner if your cupboards are bare.
Wait-you mean I'm actually supposed to PAY those bills that come in my mailbox?! Is that what financial independence means? Hehe, and here I thought people loved me.....
I hope you are doing well! I'll have to call you soon and chat, we have much to catch up on!
Later-Tina
Post a Comment