Monday, June 23, 2008

Back in the CSRA

I have returned to Augusta & back to the world of online communications! I was in Atlanta last week and, as y'all probably know, I tend to disappear when I'm up there. For better or for worse, right?

Anyways, I had a great time. I had the amazing opportunity to shadow Pam's dad who is a radiologist at Gwinnett Medical Center. It was fantastic! I had positively no idea that there was that much to radiology! I'm pretty much sold on it as a profession. Everyone was really nice & more than happy to teach me some valuable tidbits over the 3 days that I was in the department. I'm just sad I couldn't stay longer!

I also had a chance to hang out with my parentals, watching SYTYCD & movies, getting Hardee's biscuits & eating them while listening to Coldplay in the parking lot, etc. (Because that's how we roll.) I really do enjoy being home & miss them when I'm not. It must have something to do with being so far from home for so long during undergrad. Augusta's the perfect distance: about 2.5-3 hours. Too far to be expected home every weekend, but close enough to visit when I want to. We figured out this last trip home that my car gets (drum roll please) 45 MPG on the highway!!!! Can you believe it?! That definitely made me feel better about how many times I've been/am going home this summer.

For the next couple of weeks I'm just chillin' in Augusta, hopefully hanging out with some of my awesome friends down here! ;-) There will no doubt be a plethora of postings since I largely have nothing better to do. TTFN!

1 comment:

dogs best friend said...

Glad you learned a lot from Dr. Zellmer & associates. Like how you roll and just so we are clear it was the new Coldplay "Viva La Vida" CD (Everyone should get it ) They are awesome musicians. " Dark Passage" old classic Bogey movie. Missing parental units= sign of maturity . Global Dad