Sunday, March 22, 2009

Photo Catch-Up #1: Savannah in December

As promised, a brand new blog post! Though I have to admit to taking the easy way out a little bit. I have a bunch of pictures that I meant to put up here a while ago, so that'll be the next few posts. Then back to regularly scheduled programming, I promise!

I went to Statesboro to visit Nathan a few days after Christmas & we went to Savannah for the day with his family. We went to Fort Pulaski & Tybee Island. It was fantastic! All the pictures are from Nathan's phone, by the way...I'm constantly impressed.

The views from the second level of the fort were amazing! The weather was perfect & you could see forever. Poor Nathan saw a lot of the back of my head!





A very nice couple saw us trying to take a picture of ourselves & took pity. Aren't we cute? Also pictured is my late water bottle that Daddy gave me for Christmas. It was with me for a few short days before I left it at the Peach Bowl in Atlanta. Tragic!


Fort Pulaski is famous for being the fort where we learned that rifled cannons can destroy masonry forts. Apparently, Union troops blew a huge hole in the side of it & changed the way we built forts back then. Now we just use rebar! I made fun of Nathan for this picture because it looks like the cannon is shooting the flag. He denies framing it this way on purpose. Either way, the cannon's plastic, so no one's going to get hurt!

I like this picture. There's not much to say about it...moving on!







After the fort, we went to Tybee Island & played on the beach. I was on the beach in December! Nathan stepped on sand burs on the way from the car; he felt better when he totally outran me! I don't even remember why I was chasing him...oh well! The water was pretty freezing cold, but we all had fun.


Now for my favorite picture of all! Nathan, knowing how much I love swings, took me to a playground after supper. It will go down in history as one of the best nights in the history of the world! Yes, that good. :-) I enjoyed the merry-go-round a bit more than Nathan, but he played photographer. I can't believe it turned out as good as it did!


So that concludes part one of Becca's photo catch-up. I think there are at least two more installments, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

BWei said...

I'm also impressed at how well the pictures came out from Nathan's phone! Looks like a blast--and how fun about the playground. We also have some fun memories of playgrounds (Michael proposed on one!).

Will said...

I love the photos!! Thanks for sharing :-)
Hope you're doing great.
p.s. I quite literally LOL-ed when I heard you had a 'joshua tree' encounter. Too bad I was in the library and thus got many dirty looks from people... Hehe
I agree, they (whatever these things we've seen) are quite noble and delightful trees!