Clearly, I've slacked off a bit with the blog lately. I apologize to all of y'all who hang on every word & anxiously await new posts! ;-) I wish I had fantastic stories of things that have kept me away, but alas...not so much. So what have I been up to? Well, let's see...
I was summoned to Alpharetta on the 4th of July, 3 days sooner than planned. Daddy hurt his hand on Thursday (see story below) & decided through his painkiller haze that it was imperative that I come home. So my "leave Augusta for 3 weeks" to-do list was pared down & shoved into 3 hours instead of 3 days! It's always nice to come home though. We had a pretty laid back 4th: Chinese food & The Boston Pops on TV. It was just too hot to venture out to brave the crowds & see fireworks "live."
So yeah, Daddy's hand. The Reader's Digest version is that his left hand got smashed between the bush hog & an old hay baler that they were trying to get out of the ground. His middle finger is fractured with a pretty deep cut that they stitched up easily enough, but his index finger is a mess! They said it looked like hamburger meat before they somehow managed to get it all back in order & stitched up. I think Daddy's more upset with himself than anything. He's always so careful! Anyways, thanks to some fancy stitching everything seems to be healing nicely. If we could only get him to take his painkillers like he should everything'd be peachy!
That's about the extent of the excitement around here! I've been doing my yoga DVD in the mornings & I absolutely love it! My favorite is a segment called "No Impact Aerobics." I'm amazed that I can have a great, effective workout pretty much staying in place in the living room! I feel better, too. My headaches aren't gone by any means, but they've lessened considerably with this & other techniques that I've picked up in the last couple of weeks.
I packed today for California. My infatuation with San Francisco has diminished ever so slightly with the ordeal of packing for 3 seasons in a small suitcase! I will admit that the experience was made more difficult by my taking 8 pairs of shoes...but I need them! ;-) We'll see I suppose. I'll be sure to let everyone know if I actually end up wearing all 8 pairs in 7 days!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment